Please note: Damage Waiver is a fee 5% of the total hiring cost. Which covers you for accidental damage or broken items but does not cover you for
- Damage or breakage caused by the use of the hire item other than the use for which it is designed and intended for
- Theft of the hire item(s)
- Damage or breakage of the hire item caused by fire or accident
- Damage to the hire item caused by neglect or vandalism
- Cleaning charges
- Lost or missing items
- Failure to return the hire item(s)
- Damage caused by disregard for instructions given to the hirer by JD Events in respect to the proper use of the equipment, or contradiction of the manufacturer’s instructions if supplied with the item at the time of hiring
All broken and damaged items must be returned to JD Events otherwise you will be charged for the loss of the item
Terms and Conditions
- The hirer shall be responsible for any loss or damage to equipment including cartons, boxes and packaging, whatsoever, except damage which is caused by reasonable wear and tear.
- The hirer indemnifies JD Events from any costs from damages caused to underground services including (but not limited to) gas, phone or electricity, which may occur from the erection of hired goods on any property, by either the hirer or JD Events. Utilities should be indicated by the hirer before any works commence.
- Upon completion of the hiring the equipment must be properly cleaned by the hirer. It is agreed that the whole or any part of the cost incurred by JD Events arising out of the failure by the hirer under this clause may be changed to the hirer, this also includes (but not limited to) labels, sticky tapes, glues, oil's and paints on marquee skins must be removed. Cutely, Crockery and Glassware must be washed dried and placed back into packing boxes.
- The hirer is responsible for the security off all items hired from the moment JD Events leaves the work site until JD Events returns to site to collect hired equipment.
- The hirer shall be responsible for any loss of or damage to property or person caused by the equipment for any reason whatsoever during the period of hire and the hirer shall indemnify JD Events in respect of claims, damages and expenses in relation thereto.
- Where goods are not returned in part or full, the replacement charge will be on the hirer. Even where replacement charge is made, the daily charge will continue to be made until such time as the replacement costs are paid to JD Events.
- Cancellation Policy - Unless agreed otherwise, our cancellation policy of any invoiced hire is charged as per the below schedule:
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior booking = 30% of invoice value.
- Cancellation less than 1 week prior booking = 50% of invoice value.
- Cancellation less than 24 hours prior booking = 75% of invoice value.
- Cancellation on day of booking = 100% of invoice value.
(Booking starts from the setup date listed on this invoice not your Event date)
- JD Events may notwithstanding the specified period of hire and notwithstanding any waiver of some previous default forthwith terminate this Agreement and repossess the equipment in any of the following events:
- If the hirer shall fail to pay any hiring charges with (7) days of the due dates
- If the hirer shall do or permit any act or thing whereby JD Events rights in the equipment may be prejudiced.
- If the hirer shall become or be made insolvent or bankrupt or make any arrangement or with his creditors or in the case of the hirer being a limited company, should an order be made or a resolution passed for the winding up of such company.
- If the hirer commits any breach of this agreement.
- For the purposes of repossessing the equipment, JD Events may enter into or upon any premises where the equipment may be without prejudice to the rights of JD Events to recover from the hirer any moneys due hereunder or any damages but breach hereof and the hirer indemnifies JD Events in respect of any claims, damages or expenses arising out of any action taken under this clause. This Agreement may not be transferred or assigned to any other party without the consent of the owner.
- By paying this invoice your accept in full all JD Events terms and conditions listed both here and on the JD Events website at www.jdevents.com.au/terms-and-conditions
- Overdue Invoice's / Account keeping fees - If this invoice is not paid in full by the due date then an Account keeping fee of 2.5% (of the invoice total) will be charge per month thereafter.